Welcome to Albert's Sermon Illustrations

In this blog, I have collected many stories, quotes, jokes and ideas that I use regularly in my sermons.I have tried to put in the sources and origins of these illustrations. If I have missed some or gotten the wrong sources, please let me know. I will update them. Feel free to use these illustrations for the glory of God. If you have some illustrations that you like to contribute, kindly add them to my blog, so that I and others may benefit from them. God bless!
Reverend Albert Kang

P/S: This is a free site and thus it has advertisements that are not in the blogger's control. If some of them are offensive, please ignore them. Thank you for your understanding.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Most Expensive Fastfood

A few years back George Beane of Palmdale, California, stopped at a local Burger King and ordered 4 sandwiches at the drive-through window. Total cost of his bill: $4.33. 


However, when he handed the girl at the drive up window his debit card she absent-mindedly punched in the numbers ... and then punched them in again without erasing the original ones - creating a total bill of $4,334.33.

He signed the slip without checking it... and the charge went through to George’s checking account leaving him penniless.


The newspapers got ahold of the story and billed the incident as "The most expensive meal in history." 



However, that meal could not be compared with another expensive meal. It was in Eden, Adam and Eve paid the price that almost cost them their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment