Welcome to Albert's Sermon Illustrations

In this blog, I have collected many stories, quotes, jokes and ideas that I use regularly in my sermons.I have tried to put in the sources and origins of these illustrations. If I have missed some or gotten the wrong sources, please let me know. I will update them. Feel free to use these illustrations for the glory of God. If you have some illustrations that you like to contribute, kindly add them to my blog, so that I and others may benefit from them. God bless!
Reverend Albert Kang

P/S: This is a free site and thus it has advertisements that are not in the blogger's control. If some of them are offensive, please ignore them. Thank you for your understanding.

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Reading Psalm 23


One Sunday, a young boy was asked to read Psalm 23 to the whole congregation. After he finished, the whole church stood up and gave this gifted child a long and loud applause. Then the oldest man in the Church was asked to read the same Psalm. 

After he finished reading, there was dead silence. Then the sound of weeping spread across the sanctuary. People were sobbing and raising their hands to heaven. 

During the break, the boy went to the elderly man and asked for advice, "Why when I read Psalm 23, the people applauded. But when you read it, they wept?" 

The wise old man said to this curious child, " My son, you have done very well in reading the Psalm. You know the Psalm of the Shepherd well and you have read it with perfect diction and enunciation. But as for me, my voice may not be that clear, my diction poor, but after so many years of walking with my Beloved Lord, I know Him, the Shepherd of the Psalm very well."

No comments:

Post a Comment