Welcome to Albert's Sermon Illustrations

In this blog, I have collected many stories, quotes, jokes and ideas that I use regularly in my sermons.I have tried to put in the sources and origins of these illustrations. If I have missed some or gotten the wrong sources, please let me know. I will update them. Feel free to use these illustrations for the glory of God. If you have some illustrations that you like to contribute, kindly add them to my blog, so that I and others may benefit from them. God bless!
Reverend Albert Kang

P/S: This is a free site and thus it has advertisements that are not in the blogger's control. If some of them are offensive, please ignore them. Thank you for your understanding.

Saturday, July 21, 2018

Upside Down World

Image result for upside down room

During Hollywood's golden years there were many people in the film industry who were known for their practical jokes. One of the best known and most creative of these was a fellow by the name of Jack McDermott.

McDermott had a house replete with secret tunnels and sliding panels. The house featured a hidden room which was upside down. The rugs and furniture were fastened to the ceiling; and the drapes, pictures and even the fireplace were upside down. The floor had an elaborate chandelier thrust upwards from its center. When a house guest would have too much to drink, McDermott would take him into this special room and place him on the floor. You can imagine what it felt like to wake up there.

In contrast to the values of today's world Christians seem to live in a room that is upside down. When we are faithful to our beliefs we seem out of step with everyone else. Our faithfulness is paramount.

Lord Jesus, it is not easy living in this upside down world. Remind me often that my home is with you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment