Welcome to Albert's Sermon Illustrations

In this blog, I have collected many stories, quotes, jokes and ideas that I use regularly in my sermons.I have tried to put in the sources and origins of these illustrations. If I have missed some or gotten the wrong sources, please let me know. I will update them. Feel free to use these illustrations for the glory of God. If you have some illustrations that you like to contribute, kindly add them to my blog, so that I and others may benefit from them. God bless!
Reverend Albert Kang

P/S: This is a free site and thus it has advertisements that are not in the blogger's control. If some of them are offensive, please ignore them. Thank you for your understanding.

Monday, March 26, 2012

A Boy, a Brick, and a Doctor

A Boy, a Brick, and a Doctor


"Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you."1

In "Character Counts" Michael Josephson writes, "Consider the parable of a doctor driving through a poor part of town. He was in a hurry, so he ignored a young boy who tried to flag him down. But, as he slowed for a traffic light, his car was hit by a brick. The man got out of the car and screamed, 'You'll go to jail for this!'

"The boy cried, 'Take me to jail, but first please call someone to help my mom. She's on the floor in our apartment and I think she's dying. We have no phone and I couldn't get anyone to stop—I didn't know what else to do.'

"Filled with shame, the doctor rushed to the woman's aid and saved her life with CPR. Of course, he didn't call the police, and he made sure the boy was taken care of as his mom was taken to the hospital.

"When the doctor got home and told his wife, she said, 'Well, that dent will cost you $1,000 to fix.'"

"'No, it won't,' he said. 'I'm not fixing the dent. I'm going to leave it as it is to remind me that not everyone in need has a brick.'"2

Suggested prayer: "Dear God, please help me to be sensitive to the needs of people with whom I come in contact every day. I am available, please make me usable, and use me today to be 'as Jesus' in some way to every life I touch. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully in Jesus' name, amen."

1. James 1:27 (NLT).
2. Michael Josephson, Character Counts.

<:))))><

By Dick Innes

No comments:

Post a Comment