Welcome to Albert's Sermon Illustrations

In this blog, I have collected many stories, quotes, jokes and ideas that I use regularly in my sermons.I have tried to put in the sources and origins of these illustrations. If I have missed some or gotten the wrong sources, please let me know. I will update them. Feel free to use these illustrations for the glory of God. If you have some illustrations that you like to contribute, kindly add them to my blog, so that I and others may benefit from them. God bless!
Reverend Albert Kang

P/S: This is a free site and thus it has advertisements that are not in the blogger's control. If some of them are offensive, please ignore them. Thank you for your understanding.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Deaths at Venal Fall

The Deadly Venal Fall
In July of 2011, three young tourists when visiting Yosemite National Park were swept over the 317-foot Vernal Fall. One of the tourists, a young woman, was no doubt drawn by the alluring beauty of the raging waterfall and the fast moving Merced River below after a record winter snowfall. Tragically she slipped on a rock above the falls. Two friends reached out to rescue her and the trio was swept over the edge.

At the bottom of the trail leading to the Vernal Falls there is a sign warning about the fast moving water. Also, when entering the Yosemite Park, visitors are given a news paper warning about water hazards and to stay away from fast moving water.

Furthermore, at the top of the Vernal Fall there is a guard railing and a metal safety barricade marked with a warning. Tragically the victims of this tragedy ignored all the warning signs, climbed over the barricade, and fell to a horrific death.


How foolish we say, and yet, I wonder how many warnings in life we ignore. The greatest tragedy of all is when we ignore all the warnings in God's Word, the Bible—and especially so if we ignore God's warnings about life after death.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/21/yosemite-deaths-reminder-rivers-risks/#ixzz1TG7gp6TL

2 comments:

  1. Pastor Albert,

    Thanks for the great sermon illustrations. I just wonder if you have them all in document format so it is easily for us to download?

    Thanks

    David Cheng

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Brother David,
    Thank you for the good idea. I will see what I can do about that. Maybe I will create a link to the text file. Not really sure how to do that yet but will find out. Once again, thank you so much for the good idea.
    God bless,
    Pastor Albert

    ReplyDelete