Welcome to Albert's Sermon Illustrations

In this blog, I have collected many stories, quotes, jokes and ideas that I use regularly in my sermons.I have tried to put in the sources and origins of these illustrations. If I have missed some or gotten the wrong sources, please let me know. I will update them. Feel free to use these illustrations for the glory of God. If you have some illustrations that you like to contribute, kindly add them to my blog, so that I and others may benefit from them. God bless!
Reverend Albert Kang

P/S: This is a free site and thus it has advertisements that are not in the blogger's control. If some of them are offensive, please ignore them. Thank you for your understanding.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Wesley Took Action!



He Got Involved

by Ron White

Wesley Autrey took action when others wouldn't.

Wesley is the New York City man who jumped on the subway tracks when a man having a seizure faced sure death as a subway sped toward his helpless body. Wesley said later that he knew something needed to be done and “I'm the only one to do it.”

Wesley jumped on the tracks, rolled with the man to a hole and covered the man's body with his own. The subway train just barely skimmed the body of Wesley as it passed over the two men.

Cameron Hollopeter is alive today because a man took action and got involved in the life of another. I believe Wesley when he said he thought, “I am the only one to do it.” Most will watch tragedy with onlooker curiosity, but very few will get involved in the life of another. And nothing I could write will most likely change that instinct.

However, the greater tragedy is this: many not only watch the lives of others helplessly unfold without getting involved, but also watch their own lives unfold as spectators and fail to get involved in their own lives and destiny!

Take a lesson from a New York City hero and get involved in life! Get involved in your OWN life. Jump on the tracks of life today and don't be a bystander. Be courageous with your ideas, set goals, dare to be rejected, dare to fail, dare to look like a fool, dare to lose it all and dare to get involved in your own life.

You don't have to jump in front of a subway train to get involved in your life—but you do need to get involved.Jump on the tracks of life and don't be a bystander in your own life.

No comments:

Post a Comment