Welcome to Albert's Sermon Illustrations

In this blog, I have collected many stories, quotes, jokes and ideas that I use regularly in my sermons.I have tried to put in the sources and origins of these illustrations. If I have missed some or gotten the wrong sources, please let me know. I will update them. Feel free to use these illustrations for the glory of God. If you have some illustrations that you like to contribute, kindly add them to my blog, so that I and others may benefit from them. God bless!
Reverend Albert Kang

P/S: This is a free site and thus it has advertisements that are not in the blogger's control. If some of them are offensive, please ignore them. Thank you for your understanding.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Dead During The Service

One Sunday morning, the pastor noticed little Alex was staring up at the large plaque that hung in the foyer of the church. 

It was covered with names, and small American flags were mounted on either side of it. 

The seven-year-old had been staring at th e plaque for some time, so the pastor walked up, stood beside the boy, and said quietly, "Good morning, Alex." 

"Good morning," replied the young man, still focused on the plaque. 

"What is this?" Alex asked. 

"Well, son, it's a memorial to all the young men and women who died in the service." 

Soberly, they stood together, staring at the large plaque. 

Little Alex's voice was trembling and barely audible when he asked, "Which service, the 8:30 or the 10:30?"

No comments:

Post a Comment