Welcome to Albert's Sermon Illustrations

In this blog, I have collected many stories, quotes, jokes and ideas that I use regularly in my sermons.I have tried to put in the sources and origins of these illustrations. If I have missed some or gotten the wrong sources, please let me know. I will update them. Feel free to use these illustrations for the glory of God. If you have some illustrations that you like to contribute, kindly add them to my blog, so that I and others may benefit from them. God bless!
Reverend Albert Kang

P/S: This is a free site and thus it has advertisements that are not in the blogger's control. If some of them are offensive, please ignore them. Thank you for your understanding.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Helping Daddy

Imagine a father and child in the garage, working on building something together. The father knows the plan and could certainly build it himself, but he delights to have his small child with him. He hands the small child a hammer and some nails and some simple instructions. The child does not fully understand the entire project or how it will come together, but she happily starts banging and hammering. The child certainly helps the father, but it is only because the father equipped her. The father delights in including the child because he loves the child and longs to see her participate, but the father alone knows the plan.

 Source:
Making the Most of Our In-Between Time

No comments:

Post a Comment