Welcome to Albert's Sermon Illustrations

In this blog, I have collected many stories, quotes, jokes and ideas that I use regularly in my sermons.I have tried to put in the sources and origins of these illustrations. If I have missed some or gotten the wrong sources, please let me know. I will update them. Feel free to use these illustrations for the glory of God. If you have some illustrations that you like to contribute, kindly add them to my blog, so that I and others may benefit from them. God bless!
Reverend Albert Kang

P/S: This is a free site and thus it has advertisements that are not in the blogger's control. If some of them are offensive, please ignore them. Thank you for your understanding.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Killed By Five Lions

A tourist was eaten by a pride of five lions in an outdoor shower at a game reserve. Pete Evershed - a businessman from Harare - was killed at Mana Pools National Park in Zimbabwe, a location that offers visitors the chance to get closer to nature.

It is the latest in a string of attacks at the park. Johnny Rodrigues, from the Zimbabwean Conservation Task Force, said: "It's promoted as somewhere you can get back to nature. It's a romantic idea, but visitors need to know they are taking their lives into their own hands."


This shocking story points out that some places in the world require special vigilance. And it should also remind us of the importance of being alert in the spiritual realm. The scripture warns us to "be sober and alert. Your enemy the devil, like a roaring lion, is on the prowl looking for someone to devour." 1 Peter 5:8

The Mirror News 
Thursday, November 04, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment